When it comes to fleet management, Advantech-DLoG is proud to play a role in advancing safety, efficiency, and profitability. One notable example is the Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) that helps manage moving fleet assets. With built-in GPS, GPRS, HSDPA, CDMA, the MDT keeps drivers and dispatchers in close communication. And depending on sensor outfitting, the Advantech-DLoG MDT can track everything from mileage, routing, speed, acceleration, braking, oil pressure, fuel consumption, all the way down to tire pressure for individual wheels. An important additional function is the logging of driver duty and rest hours to help maintain compliance with safety and hours of-service regulations. Advantech-DLoG engineers have combined the TREK-510 ARM-based in-vehicle computer with the ruggedized TREK-303L smart vehicle display. This fortuitous hardware combination can be mated with a software solution that takes virtually all the drudgery out of tedious logging and tracking, enabling well-informed management for even the most complex fleet operations.
The TREK-510 in-vehicle computer offers built-in communications modules such as GPRS, HSDPA, and CDMA along with multiple I/Os for connection to a variety of sensors. This MDT offers plenty of connectivity for inputs and sensors, including a rear view camera option. The TREK-303L 7-inch smart vehicle display provides user-defined function keys along with touchscreen input. Convenient manual or auto brightness control makes for easy viewing. Rugged construction offers a wide operating temperature range and robust electrical power management.
- Advantech-DLoG’s mobile data terminal computing is a highly integrated solution for fleet management applications. The system integrator benefits from Advantech-DLoG MDT’s reduced software development needs, which means faster time to market.
- Improved efficiency for fleet managers and route planners
- Enhanced driver productivity and efficiency
- Well-rested drivers operating well-maintained equipment help keep highways safe for everyone
- Real-time communications and information delivered to driver and the central office
- Collected data can be marketed for additional income (e.g. : Some fleet owners sell up-to-date temperature and route condition information to other businesses.)